Are you planning to sell your home? Once the decision has been made, most homeowners are looking to selling your home fast! As a seller, you might already have an eye on the next property on the market.
Sometimes the decision to sell results from urgent financial demands. Whatever the case, it’s likely that you don’t want the process of selling your home to take too long.
In this article, we’ll go over the top five tips that will speed up the selling of your property. After reading this piece, you’ll know exactly how to take action right now for closing the sale quicker.
#1: Do Plenty of Promotion
You are going to have a hard time selling your home when the word doesn’t get around enough. While you may have partnered up with an agent, don’t leave all the promotional work to them.
Social media is one of the best platforms for promoting your home. Use various channels inside any given social media platforms, such as Facebook Marketplace, groups, and personal news feed.
However, the power of promotion isn’t only available as online solutions. Try the tried-and-tested methods of offline promotion as well. For example, put up a physical “For Sale” sign in your yard and leave pamphlets in local places frequented by potential buyers.
#2: Hire a Professional Home Stager
Do you want to maximize the appeal of your home to sell quicker and for more profit? Working together with a professional home stager is certainly one way to achieve this.
A home stager will use practical methods to increase the buyer appeal of your home. There are numerous methods to reach the goal. Here are some of the best home staging tips to get the most out of your home sale:
Accessories. Your home stager is likely to add eye-catching accessories that make your living spaces look more attractive. For example, even simple items like colorful rugs and throw pillows can make a difference in the perception of your interior spaces.
Depersonalization. This is one of the most important steps of home staging. You will work together with your stager to remove personal items located throughout the property, including postcards and family photos.
Organization. There is a possibility that your stager wants to rearrange some of the furniture and take other steps for the renewed organization of the interior. Maximizing the available floor space is important to boost the value of your home.
#3: Boost Your Curb Appeal
Some real estate agents say that curb appeal is everything. There is a lot of truth hidden in that claim. Your home’s exterior is the first thing that your prospective buyers will see.
If your landscaping and exterior works don’t look good, you will have a hard time convincing the buyers about the rest. Luckily, there are many practical steps that you can take to heighten your curb appeal.
- Pressure-wash your driveways and walkways
- Clean your front porch from dust, bird droppings, debris, and cobwebs
- Consider upgrading your exterior hardware to give your home a fresher look
- Mow your lawn, shape the hedges, and refresh your mulch
- Check that your flowers and shrubs are in good health
- Make sure that any lighting are properly working
#4: Declutter Your Home
While you may see the cramming of all the items into your closets as a cheaper option, it’s not the best plan. That’s because the people visiting your home are likely to check your closets and other storage spaces.
When your prospective buyers see that these spaces are completely full or in a disorganized state, they might feel that your home lacks adequate storage areas.
#5: Consider Multiple Real Estate Agents
Too many sellers pick the first real estate agent without doing prior research about that person nor their competitors. Finding the right real estate will make a huge difference in how quickly you’ll close the sale.
Here are the top things to ask from the candidates:
- How long have you been working as a professional real estate agent?
- What is the pricing structure for your charge?
- Are there any additional costs that I should know about?
- How quickly have you sold similar properties to mine?
- What is your marketing plan for selling my home?
- Are you able to provide references?
- Have you calculated your success rate? If yes, then what is it?
- What is the number of clients you represent today?
Bottom Line: Simple Steps to Selling Your Home Fast
After finally deciding to sell your home, you are should aim to close the deal in a short amount of time. While you can’t control all the variables of the selling process, some simple steps do exist to sell your home faster. Follow our top tips:
- Declutter your home to raise buyer appeal
- Promote the property both online and offline
- Interview the real estate agent candidates to find the right match
- Increase your curb appeal by simple procedures, such as pressure-washing the driveways and upgrading your hardware
- Consider working together with a professional home stager to maximize the appeal of your property