Welcome to Louisville real estate reports for December 2014!
Much stronger than expected month for Louisville real estate in December 2014. Most areas performed as well or better than last year with the big winner being South Oldham who put in a serious month for both home sales and prices.
Typically, homes sold during the Winter months sell for lower values but with continued low inventory levels, home buyers in Louisville are forced to fight to get their property.
All of this underscores the opportunity for homeowners who want to sell to list immediately before inventory rises to it’s more common levels. The current Absorption Rate is now 4.51 months, well below the 6-month mark that denotes a balanced market.
Louisville Real Estate Reports (period ending December 2014)
Home values rising in the Winter? What’s next, polar vortex? Bucking the seasonal trend, values in Area 3 are moving higher, sales aren’t bad either but last year’s December was remarkably high for some reason.
I also just updated all of the Louisville Homes Blog quarterly reports through the end of the year. These you can find through the links below:
- Area 0: Central Downtown District, Old Louisville Homes
- Area 1: Downtown, Old Louisville, West Louisville Homes
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge, Valley Station, Shively Homes
- Area 5: Auburndale, Fairdale, Iroquois Park, Shively Homes
- Area 11: Bullitt County Homes
- Area 19: Spencer County Homes
- Area 30: Shelby County Homes