Ever since I launched this blog back in 2006, I knew that I wanted to communicate unbiased, real estate news and advice to the people of Louisville. Unlike most agent Web sites (including my own, truth be told) LouisvilleHomesBlog is not primarily a marketing tool my own personal real estate business. I work very hard to make sure the information is true, targeted to our local market and useful to you, my readers.
With that in mind, the way I presented sales and home value data was never something in which I was completely pleased. Just for comparison, take a quick look at the March 2010 posting. I’ve known for the past year that I wanted to present this information in a better way—most likely in chart form.
Well today is that day! After months on tinkering with different presentation packages, slicing and dicing the data, and communicating with other financial experts, I’ve found the formula that I believe best communicates the true nature of our real estate markets. There are 15 charts, each is laser-focused down to a particular MLS area so that each reader can find their home area and find information particularly relevant to their situation.
You might notice that I’ve added a “Housing Reports” item in the nav bar. This is where these reports will live going forward. Depending on the area, housing reports will be published monthly or quarterly.
So without further ado, here’s we’ll start with Area 6: Buechel/Highview/Okolona/Fern Creek because it has the most transactions per month. Any and all feedback/comments are welcome!
- Area 2: Butchertown/Highlands/Germantown
- Area 3: Clifton/Crescent Hill/St. Matthews
- Area 6: Buechel/Highview/Okolona/Fern Creek
- Area 7: Jeffersontown/Fern Creek/Hikes Point
- Area 8: Middletown/Hurstbourne/Douglass Hills/Anchorage
- Area 9: Prospect/Anchorage/Glenview/Lyndon
- Area 20: Oldham County N-I71
- Area 21: Oldham County S-I71
We also have quarterly reports for the following areas. Just mouse-over the Housing Report link above to see all of our Louisville Housing Market Reports.
- Area 0: Central Downtown District/Old Louisville
- Area 1: Downtown/Old Lou./Shively/West Lou./Butchertown
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge/Valley Station/Shively
- Area 5: Auburndale/Fairdale/Iroquois Park/Shively
- Area 11: Bullitt County
- Area 19: Spencer County
- Area 30: Shelby County