In today’s real estate market, it really pays to stay ahead of the game. Make smart choices. Knowing what to improve can make your home out stand out.
With that in mind, I’ve uncovered the Top 7 Home Value Hacks that you may or may not know about. One thing is for sure, each one more than pay for itself when you’re selling your Louisville home. Home improvement has never been this savvy.
1. DeclutterDid you know that when you remove extra “stuff” from your home you are actually adding value? It’s been estimated to be worth as much as $4000!
Wow… can you say, less is more? I knew you could.
Whether you hire a professional cleaning service or home staging company, the money you spend will be more than made up by the higher sale value.
2. LandscapingNothing beats a great first impression. This is most certainly the must-have hack for any cost conscious home seller.
First, it’s very simple to do, even for the non-green-thumbs among us.
Second, the costs are low and the rewards are high! Don’t miss this, it’s one of the best home value hacks.
3. Fresh PaintThis one is a no-brainer right? Everyone paints at least one room before selling. The very smell of new paint sends a message to visitors that this house has been improved.
This is a home value hack that should be in everyone’s toolbox. Just make sure to pick from neutral, currently fashionable colors. Ugly walls can just as easily make a space uninviting.
4. DIY ProjectsThis hack will really flow from what you can do. If unsure, hire a professional. But if you are the one doing the work, the labor savings are 100%!
Think about things like swapping out old faucets for new brushed nickel or stainless. In less than an hour, you’ll not only be proud of yourself, but your home will thank you.
Want to ramp it up? How about adding some simple, clean wainscoting to your dining area. Even if it’s a single wall, it’ll draw the eye and add value to your home.
5. Updated LightingIt’s very easy to find cool lighting fixtures that won’t break the bank. They’re actually much cheaper than you probably think.
If you can’t replace them yourself, electricians can install 3-4 new fixtures in a couple of hours. Cheap!
Check out these hip pendant lights you can find at Lowe’s. For about $40 a piece, you can make a big statement by tossing out something old and adding new life to the space.
6. New (Cheap) FurnitureThere’s a reason why Ikea is worth $11.8 Billion. Everyone needs great, affordable furniture options.
If you think buying a new sofa or dresser doesn’t make sense when selling your home, think again. As long as the piece is tasteful and currently in style, prospective home buyers will be impressed and you’ll get to use the new pieces again in your next home!
7. Pre-Inspection InspectionHere’s a sneaky home value hack. Hire an inspector before you put your home on the market.
Sure, it’s several hundred dollars but identifying particularly nasty mechanical, roofing or plumbing problems before a buyer finds them can save you thousands! Also, make sure your Realtor promotes that your homes were pre-inspected and all the problems corrected.
The house is improved and you’re seen as on top of things. It’s a win-win!
Hope you enjoyed it these home value hacks. Share this article with your friends who might be selling now. They’ll thank you and maybe they won’t ask you to help them move!