With technology gradually creeping into every phase of life, we see a shift from the traditional way of heating water to tankless systems. This might be due to the fact that traditional water heaters can’t keep up with the high demands of dishwashers, washing machines, bathtubs, and shower. This paved the way for the tankless water heater that provides instant hot water. Finding the best tankless water heater is important for an on-demand or instantaneous water supply. As the name implies, these kinds of heaters don’t store water. However, on-demand, they heat water in an instant then channel it through.
Installing an instant water heater is currently considered one of the top home improvement projects. As every piece of hardware, there are advantages and disadvantages. Also, a few things to consider before buying one for your home. After careful consideration of factors such as size, capacity, customer reviews, we present the best tankless water heaters.
1. Sio Green IR260 POU
This water heater is designed to make water available either for hand washing or dishwashing at any time with its infrared heating design which makes use of about 110 volts. It makes use of high temperature to heat only the water you use and as a result, save cost. The heater is assembled without metal which gives rise to non-corrosion, calcium buildup, and limescale deposit. As a plus, it offers 100% value for money as the heater can be returned within 30 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with the result.
- Adjustable: the heater comes with a Manual 4 power level which allows you to adjust the current to fit desired level and a temperature adjustment.
- Easy installation.
- Patented technology, the absence of metal, and no maintenances.
- Might take some time to figure out how it works.
2. Tenchang 8L LPG
- Energy-saving: decreased gas consumption is adequately provided for.
- Automatic protection: ion flame inspection and over water pressure function protects your home from flame and pressure.
- Controller design: the water can be controlled effectively.
- Doesn’t come with a ventilation kit.
3. Ecosmart ECO 27
This heater is heartily recommended to users looking to save cost as it saves the cost of up to 50%. The heater is fitted with copper and stainless gears which increases its durability and ease of replacement. It comes in various sizes and electrical requirements ranging from 27 kW to 240 volts, (3) 40 required breakers, maximum power of 112.5, (3) 8 required wire and Amperage Draw of 113.
- Control: hot water can be the control using digital temperature control.
- Compact size.
- Setting the temperature of the water can be confusing.
- Warranty doesn’t cover incidental damages.
- Self-modulating flow sensor regulates the required energy for water heating.
4. Bosch Electric Tankless
Recommended for convenient and easy to use under the sink heater. The Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T stores about 7 gallons of water right under the sink for direct access. The heater can be fitted whether horizontally or vertically unlike others and can be comfortably fitted on top of shelves, floors or directly at the sink.
- Quality: the heater is made of premium glass-lined materials for lasting quality.
- Fast recovery rate.
- It can be installed independently via its cord plug.
- Warranty: 6-year warranty on unit, 2-year warranty on parts.
- Only recommended for sinks.
5. Rheem 240V
The Rheem 240V Heating Chamber
- Easy to install: it comes with an electric cable measuring up to 3 feet, and it includes 1/2 NPT adapters, a cardboard pattern to indicate screw holes, and side 1/2-inch Compression water connections
- Energy-efficient and cost-saving.
- Single point of use: not recommended for large houses with multiple needs.
6. Rinnai RUR98iN
With an efficiency rate of 96%, the Rinnai RUR98iN tankless water heater places itself naturally among the top in the business. It embraces technology which ensures that the supply of water is unlimited with or without a recirculation line. The heater is capable of maximum output with a flow rate of 70°(50°F) while keeping the temperature between 4.2 (5.9) and 5.5. (7.7)
- Portability: The Rinnai RUR98iN water heater doesn’t add on much weight as its size is similar to that of a small suitcase.
- It can be controlled using wifi.
- High flow rate—9.8 gallons.
- The heater cannot be installed with separate or other units.
- The absence of ventilation kit.
- It might be extremely strong for portable houses.
7. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus
Produced by one of the leading companies in the business, this easy to use water heater comes is sleek it can fit in any place. The heater allows you to save up to 20% of electricity and its digital controls further ease the use and increase the rate of efficiency.
- 7-year warranty to cover leakages and 3 years for other defects.
- Flow control mechanism.
- Require no venting.
- Slightly more expensive compared to other models.
A cue from the list above will help propel you in the right direction as far as the tankless water heater is concerned. We hope it was helpful. For a detailed guide to buying water heaters click here.