A home appliance is basically a product that facilitates the everyday household tasks in a home. All the latest home appliances, ensure ease and comfort to the family. Various appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machine, ovens and many more have become a need of every house.
However, it is essential to take a certain amount of care and maintenance of home appliances in order to keep them in top operating condition. Neglecting the care can turn into your best selling home appliances warranty null and void and you may even end up paying needless expenses.
So, how to take a proper care of your home appliances?
Well, below are some of the important tips on how to take care of them, which can help you save money and also extend the estimated useful life of your appliances.
16 Tips to Master the Art of Caring for Home Appliances
Let’s get started!
Maintenance tips for refrigerators to help them function at their best:
- Make sure to keep the temperature 34 to 40 degree Fahrenheit inside your refrigerator, so as to keep the food fresh for long.
- It is best to get a temperature sensor or a temperature monitor to keep a watch on the proper working of your refrigerator.
- Never put hot food directly in your fridge. First, bring it to the room temperature and then only put it in the refrigerator.
- Avoid overloading your fridge and don’t keep the door open for a long time.
- In case of power outage, make sure to open the door as little as possible.
Maintenance tips for washing machines to keep them running smoothly:
- Be certain to use a good quality washing-machine cleaner once a month to clean out your washer.
- Make sure to leave the lid or door to the washing machine open after every load as this will allow the moisture inside the drum of the washing machine to evaporate.
- If you notice any kind of spill inside your washer, just wipe it away with a damp soft cloth right away. This is required to avoid the spill from spreading more and affecting the functioning of the machine.
- Keep any liquids away from the control panel as things like liquid detergents or stain removers can harm the finish of the washing machine.
- Always remember to wipe down the inside drum of the machine periodically with a damp cloth. Also, make sure to wipe down the outside of your washing machine with a damp cloth once a week.
Maintenance tips for microwave ovens to enhance their productivity:
- Avoid using plastic utensils for keeping in the microwave as they can melt at high temperatures and may cause harm to the food constituents.
- It is very important to clean all the spills regularly inside the microwave oven so as to avoid any stains.
- Never operate your microwave oven when it is empty. It may reduce the life of this appliance and the steam emitted could be hazardous.
- When cleaning this appliance, always use a soft cloth. Using harsh pads on microwave ovens often result in scratches.
- It is necessary to clean the edges of the doors carefully as it is the integral part of the oven that saves the user from the harmful radiation emitted by this appliance.
- Make sure that the oven door is fully closed prior to starting the microwave oven.
To wrap up, all the above-mentioned tips can surely help you in keeping your major home appliances in good operating condition, saving your money in the long run and hopefully you’ll enjoy them for many years.